Thursday, May 30, 2013

Titisee-Neustadt, Baden-Württemberg

Today we were scheduled to take an 8 mile hike in the Schwarzwald (Black Forest) but the forecast looked like rain, so we changed the plans and went out to Titisee (pronounced Tit-eh-zay) instead and it actually was a pretty gorgeous day! The views from the train were absolutely stunning and just made me want to live permanently in Germany even more! In Titisee we discovered a gummy bear store, where I purchased some very delicious gummies, and went paddle-boating! As we were returning to shore, one of the other boats from my program made the mistake of claiming that they would beat us back to shore. My competitive nature kicked in and my poor paddle-boat-mate didn't know what hit her. Need I add that we won?

We found some creepy puppets...
In Titisee
We had lunch in Titisee, eating some delicious bratwurst and kartaffeln, and then wandered around the shops for a few hours before heading back to Freiburg.

I also got the chance last night to try some German beer. One of our German guides told us that it is the best beer he's ever had - and he's from Germany! It was definitely the best beer I have ever had as well. After dinner and a beer at the Feierling, we ventured over to an Irish pub, where we befriended two German men and got to try out our German on them! There is one girl in our program who isn't fluent, but is pretty close, one guy who is also very good, and three of us who are mediocre.

The Augustenplatz

No comments:

Post a Comment