Sunday, June 9, 2013

Basel, Switzerland

This weekend, one of my friends from the program and I took a spontaneous trip to Basel, Switzerland! We have a train pass that lets you ride for free around Freiburg and a small surrounding region during the week, and has a much bigger radius on the weekends - including Basel. So we hopped on the train and an hour later I found myself in my second European country ever.

We wandered around for a few hours, and found the Rhine River - almost every single person we saw there was eating ice cream. These are my kinds of people!

We also discovered a zoo! It was the best kind of adventure - completely unplanned. We had hours to spend and no agenda, and just wandered the streets taking in the beauty of being able to just hop on a train to another country with no stress. Casual. I love Europe.





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! Glad you got to explore a bit of Switzerland.

    ReplyDelete