Monday, July 22, 2013

Canada Part II: Some Wanderings

Saturday I spent wandering around the old town of Montreal. It was really a beautiful city, and I got to try poutine!
in front of the town hall
 
Saturday night, I checked in online for my first flight out of Montreal, and discovered that I was able to switch it to 2pm (instead of 7pm), which would help in avoiding any additional storms, but my second flight - my connection home - wouldn't let me check in. Hmm...

So I got to the airport early, a little after 10am, on Sunday morning, just in case there was a problem. There was. Although the United rep had told me that they booked me for the second connection, they didn't. So instead, the woman helping me on Sunday had to spend about 45 minutes trying to book me for a second flight through Charlotte (so Montreal to Dulles, Dulles to Charlotte, Charlotte to Charlottesville) and connect the two flights to make sure my bag would be checked all the way through. Finally, I got through security and customs and called my parents to let them know what the plan was. After some discussion, they decided that they'd rather just pick me up from Dulles and drive home rather than risk the two extra connections going wrong. Good thing they did! The connection from Charlotte to Charlottesville was canceled.. So I got home Sunday evening, but my bag on the other hand, did not. Luckily, it arrived today and was there when I went back to the airport to see if I could track it down.

Phew! Now my adventure is officially over! And I already want to go on another one! It had its ups and downs with a few stressful situations, but I wouldn't take back a second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment