Thursday, July 18, 2013

Farewell

This morning marks my very last in Freiburg (this time around at least!) and it is with a heavy heart that I write this, looking around my room at my last few items to pack (hopefully they'll all fit??) and having said farewell to everyone from my program last night. It has truly been the experience of a lifetime; I have had so many wonderful moments, exciting adventures, eaten some incredible food, overcome challenges, and met some amazing people. Here is a brief look at my 23 partners in crime from these last two months abroad:
Hanna and Hurricane Jane
at Al-Jazeera
Austin and Daniel
Emily and Tall Matt - oh, the faces these two make!
Austin, me, and Brett
Chris and me (the All-Star Team at the 4th of July)
me, Krista, Susanna, and Tall Matt
me and Brett
Daniel, Hanna, Brady, and Jane
me and Jane
in the airport - off to Sarajevo!
Tall Matt and me - two of the cool kids from EngelbergerstraBe
our farewell dinner in Kosovo
me, Brett, Jane, Matt, and Robbie
me, Jane, Hanna, and Krista
Daniel and me
Daniel, Brady, Emily, Jane, me, and Hanna - we ate every last bite of food on that table
and finally... the group!
It has been a wonderful summer, and I will miss everyone so much! If you wish to keep up with my antics, at the bequest of one of my fellow Freibergers I will be keeping another blog (as of yet unstarted, though) about my fabulous life back in the States. Wish me luck on my voyage home! Until next time, Tschüß!

No comments:

Post a Comment