Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Balkans: Some Vocabulary

I am a big fan of languages, so every country we visited I tried to learn as many words of the local language as possible (basically, Bosnian and Albanian, which they speak in both Albania and Kosovo). I've compiled a glossary of the words that I learned (with some questionable spelling, but I did my best):
Bosnian: 
 Zdrova - hello
 Opriste - excuse me
 Hvale - thank you
 Voda - water
 Ciao - goodbye (this is apparently used in a lot of countries!)
 Da - yes
 Pivo - beer
Albanian:
 Tung - hello/goodbye
 Talutum - please
 Falemendarit - thank you
 Pije - beer

I also saved coins from every country, because I am also a big fan of foreign currencies! Kosovo uses the Euro.
Bosnian marks
Croatian Kuna
Albanian Leke

No comments:

Post a Comment