Friday, July 12, 2013

Weinfest!

This week, Freiburg had Weinfest! It is exactly what it sounds like - a festival of wines! They set up tents, wine stands, and tables all around the Munsterplatz. You could buy a glass for 1.50 euro and either keep it or return it once you were done to get your 1.50 back - I elected to keep mine as a souvenir, since it was the 100th year! Then once you had a glass, you could wander around to the different stands sampling all types of wines for just a few euros.

I didn't take too many photos - it is really more of an event that you have to experience yourself! There are lots of people, but the atmosphere is very relaxed (as you can imagine, with that much wine!) and the wine is absolutely delicious. I kept wishing the whole time that I could bring my dad to Weinfest - or that I could at least bring some of the wine to him! - not only because I know he would have enjoyed it, but also because I could have used his expertise! There were so many wines it was hard to choose which ones to sample. But everything was delicious, so it didn't matter too much.

 
http://ais.badische-zeitung.de/piece/02/cc/c0/3d/46972989.jpg      
actually taken from Google, but I have the 100 Jahre version of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment