Saturday, July 13, 2013

Just an Ordinary Saturday

Today is unfortunately my last Saturday in Freiburg. So what to do but explore as much of the town and surrounding area as possible! My friend Jimmy and I went for a 3.5 hour bike ride this afternoon. Our other potential bike-riding friends elected to get their beauty sleep instead... all I can say is that they missed out! I didn't take any pictures, because biking with two hands on the handlebars is stressful enough as is, and we were too busy exploring to stop for pictures. But the scenery was gorgeous! We found our way into a couple adorable little towns, got lost for a bit in the middle of a huge orchard, toured through some fields and wooded paths, and explored the northern end of Freiburg, too. However, I also ran 4 miles this morning, so now I really just want to either a) sleep or b) go swim a little bit... because that would mean I'd done a reverse triathlon (albeit with breaks in between the sections) and that'd be kinda cool! Aaaand that's why my non-athlete friends think I'm crazy. Ah well. I did stop by the grocery store on my way home for some cherries. I was craving cherries. But then I also found some delicious looking Johannisberren! We don't have them in America, and they looked delicious, so I figured I should try them while I still can. I have no idea what they actually are, but I intend to devour them all.
Johannisberren
Kirschen

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely way to spend your last Saturday in Freiberg! And the berries and cherries look delish.

    ReplyDelete